Saturday, December 29, 2012

The A to Z Book Challenge 2013


 

Another 2013 Reading Challenge I plan to participate in: The A to Z Book Challenge 2013, hosted at Babies, Books, & Beyond. Go to the post to see the rules.
 
I loved this challenge last year. I liked keeping track of this, and my post was the only one I had to fill in... This year it may be more challenging to find one book for each letter of the alphabet. I may have exhausted my ideas for Q, X, and Z. But I am not going to stress if I don't get all the letters. (In 2012, I did. Get books for all the letters, not stress.)

What I liked about this challenge:
When I got to the point where I only had a few titles to fill in, I would go through all my (unread) books (I have them cataloged) and discover ones starting with the needed letter that I had been wanting to read. So this challenge would serendipitously point me to books I had forgotten about.

My list for 2013:
A:   Archie Meets Nero Wolfe by Robert Goldsborough
B:   The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
C:   The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov
D:   Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley
E:   The End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov
F:   Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt
G:
H:  House of Evidence by Viktor Arnar Ingólfsson
I:   Instruments of Darkness by Robert Wilson
J: 
K:   Kaleidoscope by J. Robert Janes
L:   The Last Houseparty by Peter Dickinson
M:  The Man Who Liked to Look At Himself by K. C. Constantine
N:   Nearest Exit by Olen Steinhauer
O:  Old Man's War by John Scalzi
P:   Publish or Perish by Margot Kinberg
Q:
R:   Red Planet by Robert A. Heinlein
S:   The Smoke by Tony Broadbent
T:   The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett
U:
V:
W:
X:
Y:
Z:

2 comments:

MamaMunky said...

Good job on the challenge last year! I didn't even complete it and I'm the host. :-D Thanks for joining again!

TracyK said...

I think the fun of the challenge is trying to do it. Completion is just a bonus.